Target Stores Coupon Policy
Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it’s easy to use them at our stores. When accepting coupons, we follow the guidelines below.
Manufacturer and Target Coupons:
- Target accepts one Manufacturer Coupon and one Target Coupon for the same item (unless prohibited by either coupon).
- Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, flavor, etc.).
- Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
- We can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
- All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier during checkout.
- All applicable sales taxes are paid by the guest at the full value of the item.
- These guidelines apply to all coupons accepted at Target (Color Checkout Coupons, Internet Coupons, Mobile Coupons, Mailed Coupons, Coupons from Newspapers and Magazines, etc.).
Internet (Print-at-Home) Coupons:
- We gladly accept valid internet coupons that contain a clear and scannable bar code.
- We do not accept internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.
- Guests can receive Target Mobile Coupons by signing up for Text Alerts at Target.com/mobile or by texting COUPONS to 827438 (TARGET).
- Message and data rates may apply. See site for full details.
- To redeem, simply show your coupon barcode to the cashier. With one simple scan, all applicable coupons are applied.
Buy One Get One Free Coupons (BOGO):
- BOGO coupons cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one Buy One Get One Free coupon requires that two of the valid items are presented at checkout of which one item will be charged to the guest and the 2nd item will be discounted by its full retail price.
- A second cents-off coupon of the same type cannot be redeemed towards the purchase price of the first item.
- If a Target BOGO coupon is used, one additional manufacturer coupon may be used on the first item.
- If a Manufacturer BOGO coupon is used, one additional Target coupon may be used on the first item.
- Coupons are void if copied, scanned, transferred, purchased, sold, prohibited by law, or appear altered in any way.
- We can’t accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
- Some items may not be available at all stores.
- We do not accept expired coupons.
(Last Updated by Target on June 10, 2011. Available at: http://www.target.com/b/ref=br_bx_4/192-8675570-7665569?ie=UTF8&node=2223357011. Accessed August 19, 2011)
Target’s Frequently Asked Questions about Printable Coupons
Q: Which Operating Systems are supported?
A: The Coupon Print Activator is supported on Windows Operating Systems 2000, ME, XP, Vista, and Windows 7 when used with Internet Explorer 6.x, 7.x and 8.x and Firefox 2.x and 3.x and on Mac OS X and above when used with Safari 2.x and 3.x or Firefox 2.x and 3.x browsers.
Coupon printing is not supported under Linux, Unix or Web TV platforms. Coupon printing is not yet supported under Windows Operating Systems using Firefox 3.5, Google Chrome or Safari 4 or for Mac OS X using Safari 4.
To Windows 7 users: We’re unable to support coupon printing on your system at this time. We are in the final stages of upgrading our coupon system to support Windows 7. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please check back again soon.
Q: How do I get coupons?
A: Selecting and printing coupons from Target.com is easy! Just follow these steps:
- Make sure your default printer has paper and is ready to print.
- If this is your first time printing online coupons, you may have to download a plug-in. Once installed, you can print future coupons without additional downloads.
- After selecting your coupons, click the “Print Selected Coupons” button.
Q: When does my coupon expire?
A: Your printed coupon will include an expiration date and is good through the end of the day specified.
Q: Can I use my coupon with my Target.com purchase?
A: Most of our coupons can only be used with purchases made in Target Stores. Coupons that are redeemable on Target.com will include an 8 digit code to be entered at Checkout.
Q: Why is the coupon no longer available to me? OR, why did I get an exceeded limit message?
A: Many of our coupons have print limits – per guest and in total. If/when you exceed those limits, the coupon will no longer appear for you or you may receive a messaging stating “you have exceeded your household limit” or “this coupon is no longer available”.
Q: Why is my coupon not printing? OR, why am I getting error messages?
A: Many of the typical coupon printing problems can be simply solved by first making sure you have:
- Successfully installed the Coupon Print Activator
- A computer operating system and browser that are supported
- Not exceeded the coupon print limits
- No printer issues
Q: How can I tell if I have printer issues?
A: If the Coupon Print Activator software plug-in was installed properly, your operating system and browser are supported, and you have not exceeded the coupon print limit, but you were still unable to print your coupon, check the following:
- Is your printer turned on?
- Is there sufficient paper?
- Is the printer properly connected to your computer?
- Is your ‘default’ printer the one you are expecting to get your coupon on? If you have multiple printers connected to your computer (for example, as part of a network), check to see if your current default printer is the printer where you expected to get your coupon print out.
- Are the status lights on the printer indicating problems? Often, if your printer is experiencing problems, an error message or indicator light may be flashing on your printer. Please refer to your owner’s manual to fix the printer’s problem, and then try printing the coupon again.
- Are you printing to the right printer device setting? You may not print to fax machines or file-based print commands (e.g., Adobe Acrobat) or other programs that create PDFs or image file. Please check your printer setting to make sure your default printer is a regular printer. If you have a multi-function printer (fax, copy, print), please make sure that the ‘Printer’ is set as the default function on your computer.
Q: Why do I need to install the Coupon Print Activator to print coupons?
A: The Coupon Print Activator is a small browser plug-in software that enables high-quality coupon prints that will scan easily at Target Stores. It takes very little time to download and installation will complete automatically. Once installed, it will enable you to print future coupons without the need for additional downloads. The activator has been engineered to run seamlessly with most commonly used Windows and Mac OS X operating systems and popular browsers.
Q. What is “browser plug-in software”?
A: Plug-ins are software programs that extend the capabilities of your browser and other applications. For example, plug-ins give you the ability to play audio files, see movies, view documents in a certain format or print coupons from your personal computer.
Q: Is the Coupon Print Activator plug-in safe to install on my computer?
A: Yes! The Coupon Print Activator plug-in has been engineered to run seamlessly with Windows and Mac computers running widely used operating systems and browsers.
Q: Can I get the coupons without downloading your Coupon Print Activator plug-in?
Q: What if I don’t have a printer?
A: A printer is required.
Q: What if the Target store would not accept my coupons?
A: If a Target Stores didn’t accept your valid printed coupon, please Contact Target.